Don't Give Them A Reason To Say "No!"™ Actor Seminars
Pine River Entertainment offers seminars for actors. In these seminars, participants gain the knowledge and insight they need to be a successful working actor in Los Angeles, New York or their own hometown.
Don't Give Them A Reason To Say "No!"
Whether you’re still in school, right out of school or have been working as an actor for years, this seminar has something for everyone. As a talent manager, Bruce Economou understands that, to be successful, a professional actor needs to know not only his/her craft, but also how to navigate the business end of "show business," and that includes taking advantage of today's ever-changing technology.
Bruce covers a wide variety of topics which include:
- finding your niche
- the actor’s tools – pictures, resumes and demo reels
- how to secure representation
- the difference between agents and managers
- what agents, managers and casting directors are looking for
- marketing to agents, managers and casting directors – what’s the difference?
- the perfect cover letter
- what’s the best way to follow-up?
- using casting websites
- do I need a website? Facebook or MySpace page and Twitter?
- how to prepare for a meeting – “the one act play”
- when to join the unions
- how to survive while waiting for your big break
The participants will also have a chance to either cold read or perform a prepared scene for Bruce and he'll spend a few minutes with each participant reviewing head shots and resumes.
The info you gave us was to the point but covered a broad range of topics. Your tip about head shot thumbnails for electronic submissions was worth the price of admission alone. Okay, twice the price of admission. Now…I’ll know exactly what kind of head shot to get.
Alan Ball, Hilberry Repertory Company
For information on Bruce Economou's availability to speak to your group, please e-mail him at: